#379 new
Marc-André Lafortune

Targetting TextArea vs Input, type="text"

Reported by Marc-André Lafortune | May 28th, 2010 @ 04:19 PM

Took me a while to understand why my cucumber test was now failing. It looked like

When I fill "search_box" with "test"
And I click ...

My controller was getting param[:search_box] == "", instead of "test".

Turns out I had replaced
<input type="text" name="search_box" size="60"/> with
<textarea name="search_box" cols="60" rows="5"/>

No labels anywhere. For some reason, targetting the name of the input works, but not the textarea. I added an id to the textarea and that works fine, but the discrepancy should be addressed.

Sorry I don't have the time to write a patch & test...

Thanks!

Comments and changes to this ticket

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile »

Ruby Acceptance Testing for Web applications.

Shared Ticket Bins

People watching this ticket

Pages