#260 ✓resolved

Webrat::Locators::LinkLocator fails on replace_nbsp due to invalid encoding

Reported by manveru | June 7th, 2009 @ 04:34 AM

On Ruby 1.9, encoding is major factor when dealing with strings, in this particular case, the input string is in US-ASCII encoding, while the regular expression tries to replace a multibyte character with a normal space.
I fixed the problem, this is the last of my patches that makes webrat run fully on Ruby 1.9 (as in, all specs pass).
The implementation is not optimal, it would be better to change the encoding further upstream, but I'm not sure where the original document string is coming from.
Patch is at: http://github.com/manveru/webrat/commit/8d2c027089f4d1ddc07a1e19d1c...

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • Bryan Helmkamp

    Bryan Helmkamp June 15th, 2009 @ 12:58 AM

    • State changed from “new” to “resolved”


    We've now got all your 1.9 patches in and are green for all our suites on 1.9 as far as I can tell. Thanks for all your work on that effort!

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile ยป

Ruby Acceptance Testing for Web applications.

Shared Ticket Bins

People watching this ticket